[rancid] Rancid without radius

William Muriithi wmuriithi at iwayafrica.com
Fri Oct 5 08:48:00 UTC 2007

Hallo pals,

I have a quick question that I don't seem to find answer from google search.
We have issues setting up radius such that if radius is unavailable, the NAS
can fall back to the local account. Yeah yeah, the last option in aaa command
should be local,  but for some reason, its not working. This mean we are
still using local accounts

Now, I am attempting to backup a pix device. The backup account is local and
with enable 5 rights. The network guys have decided its not wise to give this
account enable 15 access.

The problem is, I am not able to have rancid log in to the pix device with
enable 5 permission. Is anyone aware of how to achieve this? I would be
grateful for any pointer?

Thanks in advance
William