[rancid] Re: problem with Cat OS Devices

Shlomo Dubrowin shlomo at dubrowin.org
Thu Sep 21 10:21:27 UTC 2006

Michael,

Thank you for that tip, I realized that some of my CatOS devices need
their prompts "fixed."

However, after several hours of tinkering and searching, it appears
that several of my CatOS devices are being backed up.  Meaning, I have
files for them in
~/rancid/var/GROUP/configs/router
but I don't see the configs in CVS.  Any idea why cvs isn't being
updated with the config files? and more importantly, how to fix it?

Thank you

  Shlomo

On 9/21/06, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> wrote:
> Shlomo Dubrowin wrote:
> > I seem to be having a problem with some Cat OS devices being backed up
> > in rancid.  While going through the troubleshooting steps in the FAQ,
> > I noticed that my router.raw file seems to have the command output
> > requested, but the router.new only has the rancid header, and that
> > header states rancid thinks the device is a cisco device (not
> > cisco-cat).  However, I verified that the router.db file for this
> > device specifically states it as cat5.  Any ideas on how I can fix
> > this problem?
> Yeah, i run into that problem too. The rancid command dosn't parse the
> router.db file and it works only on "cisco" type devices. You need to
> run cat5rancid on the command line to get the config of a CatOS device.
>
> bye
>         michael
> --
> Michael Stefaniuc               Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
> Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
> Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
> Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
> D-70178 Stuttgart

 / |  '     \   | |"""""""""|           Shlomo Dubrowin
(  )         0  | |         |             (Sheldon)
    /  \-'~;      |""""""""|            shlomo at dubrowin.org
   /  __/~| ._-""||        |          http://www.dubrowin.org