[rancid] Re: problem with Cat OS Devices

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Thu Sep 21 08:29:51 UTC 2006

Shlomo Dubrowin wrote:
> I seem to be having a problem with some Cat OS devices being backed up
> in rancid.  While going through the troubleshooting steps in the FAQ,
> I noticed that my router.raw file seems to have the command output
> requested, but the router.new only has the rancid header, and that
> header states rancid thinks the device is a cisco device (not
> cisco-cat).  However, I verified that the router.db file for this
> device specifically states it as cat5.  Any ideas on how I can fix
> this problem?
Yeah, i run into that problem too. The rancid command dosn't parse the
router.db file and it works only on "cisco" type devices. You need to
run cat5rancid on the command line to get the config of a CatOS device.

bye
	michael
Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart