[rancid] RANCID does not fetch config without showing problems

Anton.Schweitzer at o2.com Anton.Schweitzer at o2.com
Wed Oct 4 11:23:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

i just discoverd that RANCID did not updated the config changes for some
of my devices in the last  4 Month.
So i did a manual

rancid-run -r  routername

Then i saw a log entry  "updates - courtousy of RANCID-Switche" on the
viewcvs webfrontend and the config had changed.
I can not see why the normal rancid run we do every night did not get
these changes which were made weeks ago.

Did anybody expierenced simular behaviors ?

Cheers

Anton

Anton Schweitzer
CNO IP Backoffice
o2 (Germany) GmbH & Co.OHG
Georg Brauchle-Ring 23-25, D-80992 München
Tel      +49(0)89-2442-5794
Mobil +49(0)176-23407715
Fax      +49(0)89-2442-5632
anton.schweitzer at o2.com