[rancid] Re: wrancid/vpn3k additions

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Tue Oct 3 01:33:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 05:11:38PM -0700, Lance Vermilion wrote:
> I have made some changes to it again, but this time to allow it to read
> the cloginrc file. So here is the whole file.  I know it is ugly, but it works.

Well, it works for what you tested it with, but can you promise that
your parsing of cloginrc will match exactly how the regular clogin
and friends scripts parse it?

I highly recommend that you use my method for Perl scripts to parse
cloginrc - it uses Expect code stolen from clogin to print out the
parsed contents of the cloginrc file in Perl syntax, which then gets
eval'd into a Perl hash.  It's much more likely to be accurate, and
much more maintainable.  Also, if there are every any changes to the
way cloginrc is parsed, it will be much easier to port the changes
into this method.