[rancid] Re: Using rancid to hop from router to router

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Wed Nov 29 18:04:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 05:05:03PM +0100, Thijs Groener wrote:
>    I am trying to get this setup to work right now with a linux machine
>    as my hop. I can use clogin to login to the linux machine directly and
>    I can type commands, but if I try to login to my switch through the
>    linux machine it enters the linux machine and in the history I can see
>    that it only enters the username once more (on a normal prompt so that
>    does not work) and then it stops functioning. So my question is... did
>    you ever get it to work ?

Have you applied the "usercmd" patch?

   http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2006-May/001490.html

If you have, and reading the previous discussions on this topic don't
answer your questions, please post the relevant portions of your .cloginrc.
You will need to use a "usercmd_chat" script to send the command to the
linux machine that connects to the switch.