[rancid] Access Required For Rancid ID

Jon TripkeHughes jon.tripkehughes at usfood.com
Tue Mar 21 17:33:16 UTC 2006

Hello All,

i am trying to work with our networking tea mto setup Rancid and they have
concerns about the level of access we would be granting the Rancid login id
for the routers and switches.

is there such thing as a "read-only" Rancid login or, by design, does
Rancid require more rights?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
"The information in this email and in any attachments may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any person without authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of it."