[rancid] clogin interactive works, non-interactive doesn't

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Thu Jun 8 16:17:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm using rancid 2.3.1 on FreeBSD 6.1, built from ports, and am having
a problem with run-rancid.  Rancid runs as the user "rancid" with a
homedir of /home/rancid, much like many other people on this list.

When I run clogin from the command line, I can issue commands to all
the routers to my heart's content.  When I run rancid-run, however, my
log fills up with:

host.name clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
(plus lists of the commands that failed, of course)

Any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks,

==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas	mwlucas at FreeBSD.org, mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org
	    Latest book: PGP & GPG -- http://www.pgpandgpg.com