BGP info

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Tue Feb 7 09:29:06 UTC 2006

On 07/02/2006, at 6:28 PM, Kanagaraj Krishna wrote:

> Hi,
>     I'm currently using RANCID to do configuration backups. As
> anyone used it to capture BGP related info on Cisco and Juniper?
> Basically "sh ip bgp summary" on Cisco and "sh bgp summary" on
> Juniper. The purpose is to monitor BGP session changes with peers.
> It would be helpful if any examples are available. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Kanagaraj Krishna

the trick is to filter out information which changes each time
(version numbers, routes received numbers (you probably dont want
these?)).

have a look at the article from this list called "IGP routing tables
diff" by David LaPorte from 10 October 2005.  the code in that post
will probably assist in the changes you need to add the commands and
parse the output.

-andrew