Having an install issue with Rancid

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Sat Sep 20 18:59:48 UTC 2003

Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 07:20:44AM -0700, Rizzo, Joe:
> I believe that would happen if clogin is not in the path.
>
> Try adding your rancid bin directory to your path.

correct.  the configure process adds the location of clogin in the
PATH enviroment variable within bin/env.  this file is included by
bin/do-diffs.

if your shell is a bourne shell derivative, the following ought to
do it:
	. /usr/local/rancid/bin/env
	rancid x.x.x.x

the alternative, in the case below, is adding . to the end of your
path, though that is often dis-recommended by security folk.