Session 1 on a 2900

Stephen Miller steve at smiller.org
Mon Oct 20 23:26:56 UTC 2003

of course it's doable...but the question is how far to dig into it.

if you just need to start gathering the daughter card configs right
away...then you can copy and modify a login and rancid scripts to just log
into the daughter cards on each device. You would need to create a new group
for them....but since there can be more than one daughter card per
device...you would need to make the rancid script iterate through all the
daughter cards on the device...this would be a bit more complex.

if you want the full blown, gather all the card configs and put them under
each device...keeping with standard CVS structure...then this would take much
more effort than the one above. Here would be issues with password of the
daughter card in cloginrc, checking the total number of cards in the device,
etc...this could be another sub within rancid..

just throwing this out there...to see what other options there are. Modifying
a login and rancid script to just gather the configs from a daughter card
should be pretty straight-forward. But trying to iterate through more than one
card on the device...not sure...would have to take a closer look at rancid
since that is where it should be done at.

sorry not more help...just talking out loud ;-)

steve