Missed cmd(s) on certain devices, no .new file created

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Tue Dec 16 20:58:52 UTC 2003

Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 12:46:12PM -0800, Troy Davis:
> Hi,
>
> I've got 2.2.2 installed and successfully polling two 6500 supervisors
> (CatOS) and a Redback.  However, on any of the IOS-based routers I try to
> poll (GSR 12000, 7200, 6500 MSFC), the logs give:
>
> Trying to get all of the configs.
> rtr.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show diag,show install active,show controllers cbus
> rtr2.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show diag,show install active,show controllers cbus
>  (repeat for 4 rounds)
> /usr/local/rancid/bin/rename: *.new: No such file or directory
>
> clogin is able to login and enable.  It can do "show diag" (and any other
> command), though the other 2 commands above don't exist on these platforms.
>
> I'd expect to be able to comment those commands out in rancid and run the
> rest, but when I do that, the missed commands change to:
>  rtr.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show env all,show diagbus
>
> Neither command exists.  For grins I commented out the ones that don't
> exist and eventually end up with:
>  rtr.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show env all,write term
>  rtr.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show env all,write term
>  rtr.foo.com: End of run not found
>  rtr.foo.com: End of run not found
>  !       cable type : V.35 DTE cable
>

> Anyone have any ideas?

Mostly likely something in show version is causing rancid eat the output
of the other commands (whatever appeared before "show env" in your last
example).  please try the eft image at
	ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/rancid-2.3.eft5.tar.gz
or send the .raw file from
	% setenv NOPIPE YES
	% rancid -d rtr.foo.com
to me.