Missed cmd(s) on certain devices, no .new file created

Troy Davis troy at nack.net
Tue Dec 16 20:46:12 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've got 2.2.2 installed and successfully polling two 6500 supervisors
(CatOS) and a Redback.  However, on any of the IOS-based routers I try to
poll (GSR 12000, 7200, 6500 MSFC), the logs give:

Trying to get all of the configs.
rtr.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show diag,show install active,show controllers cbus
rtr2.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show diag,show install active,show controllers cbus
 (repeat for 4 rounds)
/usr/local/rancid/bin/rename: *.new: No such file or directory

and no config is updated.  When I run "rancid rtr.foo.com" as the user
rancid, it generates the same errors and removes the .new file.  "rancid -d
rtr.foo.com" shows:
 rtr.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show diag,show install active,show controllers cbus
 rtr.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show diag,show install active,show controllers cbus

clogin is able to login and enable.  It can do "show diag" (and any other
command), though the other 2 commands above don't exist on these platforms.

I'd expect to be able to comment those commands out in rancid and run the
rest, but when I do that, the missed commands change to:
 rtr.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show env all,show diagbus

Neither command exists.  For grins I commented out the ones that don't
exist and eventually end up with:
 rtr.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show env all,write term
 rtr.foo.com: missed cmd(s): show env all,write term
 rtr.foo.com: End of run not found
 rtr.foo.com: End of run not found
 !       cable type : V.35 DTE cable

Anyone have any ideas?