Oops

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Jan 17 17:42:22 UTC 2002

Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 05:19:19PM +0100, Nicolas STRINA:
> Hello,
>
> I just install Rancid on my tool box. So actually i have a problem.
> I am able to log on the router and to exec some commands but the logs
> are giving me this output:
>
> Getting missed routers: round 4.
> !ROM Bootstrap: Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE
> (fc1)
> ir00.pul.lsn.fe0-0.vtxnet.ch: missed cmd(s): show diagbus,write term,dir
> /all bootflash:,show env all,show controllers cbus,dir /all nvram:,show
> module,dir /all sup-bootflash:,show c7200,show variables boot,show
> flash,show vlan,dir /all slot0:,show install active,dir /all slot1:,show
> boot,show diag,show controllers,show gsr chassis,dir /all
> sup-microcode:,dir /all disk0:,dir /all disk1:,show bootvar,show vtp
> status
> ir00.pul.lsn.fe0-0.vtxnet.ch: End of run not found
>
> For sure on the version of CISCO i am running i don't have this
> parameters enable or this hardware present on my router.
>
> My question:
>
> Is the config saved ? Where can i find it on my box ? Is it normal ?

the second line above (!ROM...) is the last line output by rancid, collected
from show version in this case.  so, it is logging in and at least starting
collection of the router data.

please see the FAQ (http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/FAQ) for hints on how
to debug this.  if you still have trouble, drop another email.