[tac_plus] tac_plus login and enable password issue

Ricki Z rz.bangka at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 03:54:49 UTC 2011

Hi John,

Previously thanks for your info. I have done change config with default service under group but i still experience the same problem. My problem exactly is why  i can login to cisco switch using "login password" or "enable password" and why i can enter priviledge mode using "login password" or "enable password" too.

Below is my new config for tac-plus server:
-----------------------------------cut-----------------------------------
user = user1 {
                member = admin
                login = cleartext user1
                enable = cleartext enauser1
}

user = user2 {
                member = admin
                login = cleartext user2
                enable = cleartext enauser2
}
group = admin {
        default service = permit
}
-----------------------------------cut-----------------------------------
And below my cisco switch config for tac-plus authentication:

-----------------------------------cut-----------------------------------
aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ local line
aaa authentication login user group tacacs+ local
aaa authentication login net_admin group tacacs+ line enable
aaa authentication enable default group tacacs+ enable
aaa authorization exec default group tacacs+ if-authenticated
aaa authorization commands 0 default group tacacs+ if-authenticated
aaa authorization commands 1 default group tacacs+ if-authenticated
aaa authorization commands 7 default group tacacs+ if-authenticated
aaa authorization commands 15 default group tacacs+ if-authenticated
aaa authorization network default group tacacs+ if-authenticated
aaa accounting exec user start-stop group tacacs+
aaa accounting commands 0 user start-stop group tacacs+
aaa accounting commands 1 user start-stop group tacacs+
aaa accounting commands 7 user start-stop group tacacs+
aaa accounting commands 15 user start-stop group tacacs+
aaa accounting network user start-stop group tacacs+
aaa accounting connection user start-stop group tacacs
!
line con 0
 login authentication net_admin
line vty 0 4
 accounting connection user
 accounting commands 0 user
 accounting commands 1 user
 accounting commands 7 user
 accounting commands 15 user
 accounting exec user
line vty 5 15
 accounting connection user
 accounting commands 0 user
 accounting commands 1 user
 accounting commands 7 user
 accounting commands 15 user
 accounting exec user
-----------------------------------cut-----------------------------------

Here the illustration for login to cisco switch:
-----------------------------------cut-----------------------------------
User Access Verification

Username: user1
Password: user1

or

Username: user1
Password: enauser1
-----------------------------------cut-----------------------------------
Here the illustration for enter priviledge to cisco switch:
-----------------------------------cut-----------------------------------
cisco-sw>en
Password: enauser1

or

cisco-sw>en
Password: user1
Is there any abnormal with my config on tac-plus server or cisco switch?

Tx,
Ricki