[tac_plus] Default service and authorization script don't work at the same time

Kurenyshev Vjacheslav v.kurenyshev at oao.kuzbass.net
Thu Jan 22 05:33:50 UTC 2009

Hi!

I have a Tacacs+ on Debian server.
The version of tac-plus is F4.0.4.alpha.

There are following lines in the config file:

user = test2 {
	member = admins
	login = nopassword
}

group = admins {
	before authorization "/etc/tac-plus/script $user $name $address"
	default service = permit

	cmd = ip {
	    deny  domain-lookup
	    permit .*
	}

	service = exec {
	    priv-lvl = 15
	    idletime = 30
	}
}

When I try to start tacacs server I get:
# /etc/init.d/tac-plus restart
Restarting Tacacs+ server: Error: Unrecognised keyword default for user
on line 49
tac_plus.

Line 49 is 'default service = permit'.
Why is it wrong?

But. if to change the order of lines to following:
group = admins {
default service = permit
before authorization "/etc/tac-plus/script $user $name $address"

Tacacs server starts correctly.
But when I login to cisco and type any command I get: Command
authorization failed.
But, default service = permit is in config!!

Why this happens and how to fix it ?

Thank you for attention.
Bye.