[tac_plus] Re: Forcing privilege level

Hartman, Jonathan M. (Jon) jon.hartman at verizon.com
Wed Oct 29 17:50:56 UTC 2008

Team-

I've been attempting without success to get a TACACS login to pass my ID
off as an auth level of 6. I've got some load-balancers that require
that to determine your access level. There's no opportunity to enter an
enable password, so whatever level you're granted by the daemon is what
you'll get.

Everytime I try, I get something similar to the following:
Starting tacacs+: Error: Unrecognised keyword priv_lvl for user on line
82

Here's the config I'm using. I've also tried priv-lvl. I've tried this
on the alpha code and the .15 rev with no success. When I tell the
daemon to parse the config with the -p option, it doesn't complain but
when I restart it, I get the error.

user = testuser {
        default service = permit
        member = groupname
        login = des passwordhash
        name = "Jon Hartman"
        priv_lvl = 6
}

I'd really appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks in advance,

  	  Jon Hartman, CCNP
  Network Engineering
  Verizon Internet Operations