[tac_plus] Privilege Level / Configuration Changes

JCharlton at DataPointInc.com JCharlton at DataPointInc.com
Mon Oct 22 19:15:29 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have 2 questions.  First one is, I am using tacacs+-F4.0.4.10, on
CentOS 5.  I am trying to make it so on a per user basis, when they
authenticate to our Cisco gear, they go into enable mode instead of
starting in user mode, like you are able to do when you configure
usernames with privilege 15 on a Cisco router or switch.

I have been unsuccessful with this, and if you have any suggestions,
that would be great.

Another thing is that I am trying to make a script or make it so that if
you change the configuration file, that you do not have to restart the
box to make the change go though, because unfortunately that is the only
way I have found to make it apply the configuration changes in the conf
file, and I still have to do tac_plus -C /(file) after restart.

Thanks for any help.

Jason Charlton, CCNA

DataPoint Inc.

410-209-6770