[tac_plus] tacacs+ for redhat / fedora-core

Glen Johnson glen.johnson at alaska.edu
Wed Dec 27 23:01:27 UTC 2006

Hello,

Looking at the different TACACS+ forks, yours seems to be the cleanest.  I've
written a SPEC, so it can be packaged into redhat RPM format.   If you are
interested, I'll send this...

Your website says this fork is for you and customers.  Would you be willing to
consider adding a TRAC instance (http://trac.edgewall.org) so others can
contribute?   TACACS+ may be a legacy protocol, but I haven't seen anything that
quite fills the "authorization/accounting via network" niche like it does.   Not
sure whether anyone WOULD contribute, but....  I find trac provides a great
project workspace even for personal projects.

Also-  do you have an "announce" mailing list?

Thank you for your time

Glen Johnson
OIT Network Operations
University of Alaska