[rancid] issues with mail and aliases

David Jones djones at ena.com
Wed Mar 20 14:00:11 UTC 2019

Here's the best way I have found to handle this since I have an automated process that adds and removes Rancid groups in the rancid.conf file.

/etc/postfix/main.cf
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/usr/local/rancid/etc/generic

Then setup a script to generate the generic file:

LIST_OF_GROUPS=`/bin/grep "^LIST_OF_GROUPS=" /usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.conf | /bin/cut -f2 -d\"`
cp /dev/null generic
for GROUP in $LIST_OF_GROUPS; do
  /bin/echo -e "rancid-$GROUP at mydomain.com\t\tmailbox at mydomain.com" >> generic
  /bin/echo -e "rancid-admin-$GROUP at mydomain.com\tmailbox at mydomain.com" >> generic