[rancid] Extreme 200-series switches

James Andrewartha jandrewartha at ccgs.wa.edu.au
Fri Mar 1 10:29:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

These switches are Broadcom FASTPATH based, like Ubiquiti EdgeMAX
switches, however using the edgemax config doesn't quite work. One thing
is you need to use quit instead of exit in clogin - it seems to be
detected as an Extreme switch, but it's not really. If I change this
code (line 841 of clogin r3943 from Debian stretch backports 3.9-1~bpo9+1)

    if { [string compare "extreme" "$platform"] } {
    send -h "exit\r"
    } else {
    send -h "quit\r"
    }

to send -h "quit\r" then it quits ok, although it then doesn't detect
end of run. I don't really understand the Extreme platform detection,
particularly since ExtremeXOS uses xlogin anyway. Any thoughts on how to
get this model to work?

Thanks,

--
James Andrewartha