[rancid] Restore a Palo Alto Firewall from a Rancid bacup

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Jul 5 17:42:51 UTC 2019

Thu, Jul 04, 2019 at 08:23:51AM +0000, STUART WALTON:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone used a backup from Rancid to restore a Palo Alto Firewall?
>
> If so how have you done it?  (I have the backup but it does not appear to be in the correct format)
>
> I have searched the discussion but cannot seem to find the answer. Any help would be appreciated.

I do not know much of anything about PAN devices.  However, be aware that,
depending upon your rancid configuration, passwords may be removed.  Also,
see the FAQ S1 Q5 for another caveat that may apply to PAN.

Also, include the error you received when attempting to load the config.
It might provide clue to someone with more experience with PAN.