[rancid] Unable to figure out "end of run not found"

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Jul 4 00:10:36 UTC 2019

Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 02:53:14PM -0600, Kevin Morales:
> Yes, my Router is ZTE and I am using CISCO type, because the command is the
> same to see the configuration..show running-config

I have no idea what ZTE is; does it behave *exactly* the same as IOS?
It seems not.

Does it's config end with:

"
end
"?

in your .raw file, does the last prompt where clogin exited the cli, match
the regex

"prompt[>#] exit$"
?

clearly these sanity checks are not working with your ZTE device.  You
need to figure-out why and correct it, likely by creating your own
rancid module for ZTE with a customized inloop() function.  you can
probably use the parsing functions from the ios module, like the
'ciscoshtech' example that comes with rancid uses 2 modules.