[rancid] Alcatel script, not parsing the commands and/or output well (/partially)

David Byers david.byers at liu.se
Wed Feb 6 17:16:47 UTC 2019

Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise (Omniswitch) is indeed not at all the same as
Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia). Furthermore, old versions of AOS behave very
differently from new versions. We've got some ugly Python hacks for
rancid that pull configs and a little more information from ALE
switches. I'm happy to share them after we've cleaned them up a bit. We
use them all the time, but a word of warning: they are not configurable,
and I won't even guarantee that they don't set your switch on fire.

David Byers

Linköping University