[rancid] Rancid - Changing Config Backup Directory

Thad Davis tdavis at rakuten.overdrive.com
Thu Apr 11 14:14:57 UTC 2019

Hello,

My company is running Rancid on Ubuntu 16.04. Currently, our server running Rancid is not backed up. If we lose this server, we lose our saved configs. Is there a way to change the default save location for config backups to a UNC network path to a windows server? If this is possible, can you tell me which file to edit with the new save location?

Thad Davis, Systems Administrator I
Information Technology
Phone: +1 216-573-6886 x 1562
Fax: +1 216-573-6888
tdavis at rakuten.overdrive.com<mailto:tdavis at rakuten.overdrive.com>

Rakuten OverDrive  The Leading Digital Reading Platform for Libraries & Schools
World Headquarters | One OverDrive Way | Cleveland, Ohio 44125  USA
www.overdrive.com<http://www.overdrive.com/>    Proud to be a Certified B Corp<https://bcorporation.net/>

Confidentiality Notice:  This email and any attachments are OverDrive Confidential for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, copying, or distribution of this email and attachments by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete any copies of this email.