[rancid] Unable to Conduct Cisco Wireless Controller Backup

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Oct 12 23:44:11 UTC 2018

Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 03:36:20PM +0000, Piegorsch, Weylin William:
>     send -h "exit\r"
>
> I changed that line to '   send -h "logout\r"   ', and now I'm getting a clean logout.  Wlogin from 3.8 seems to fix this from reading through wlogin.in (I couldn't fudge things to get wlogin-3.8 to work and still use the rest of the 3.4.1 files).

that is right.  if you installed 3.4.1 from source, you can probably just
copy wlogin.in from 3.8 over that of 3.4.1, build and install.

> In addition to catching these two -re match blocks in run_commands (I actually need both, it wouldn't work at all when I tried to combine them), that seems to have cleared up all the issues I have....
>
>            -re "^--More or .*"                 { send " "
>                                                   exp_continue
>                                                 }
>             -re "^--More-- .*"                  { send " "
>                                                   exp_continue
>                                                 }

3.8 has versions of these; it is not clear to me if you are saying that
you added these to 3.8, or if you needed them in addition to what is in
3.8.

> ...with the exception of “if (!$clean_run || !$found_end)”.  For some reason I don’t understand, I keep getting “End of run not found”. I’ve attached .raw and .new files following an execution of “NOPIPE=YES rancid -d -t cisco-wlc5 <device>”.  I’m guessing it’s somehow related to how the session closes, but that’s a 100% guess. Any idea how I can resolve?

i'll look.