[rancid] F5 'bigip' SNMP password hash changes every run

Gauthier, Chris cgauthier at comscore.com
Fri Nov 30 16:05:52 UTC 2018

Hello,

We are using rancid 3.7 here and it successfully is backing up our F5’s.  However, since I added SNMPv3 onto a new pair of F5’s, the password hash changes every time rancid runs.  I don’t mind this, since the purpose is to maintain a backup that I can straight-out deploy to the device, except that I don’t want the email telling me that password changed every time (which is hourly for us).

Is there a way to filter out this from the email but not from what is actually committed into the repo?

Thanks,
Chris

PS, forgive the signature and HTML-emails.  I cannot control any of that.

Chris Gauthier Senior Network Engineer | Comscore
t +1 (503) 331-2704 |
cgauthier at comscore.com
317 SW Alder Street, Suite 700 | Portland, OR 97204  United States
comscore.com
​​​This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system and notify sender.