[rancid] Cloginrc file is not working

Piegorsch, Weylin William weylin at bu.edu
Tue May 29 02:06:02 UTC 2018

I notice your .cloginrc defines “user1” as the login username, but rancid is trying with username “rancid” - is it possible there might be another matching definition higher in the .cloginrc file, with different credentials?  Rancid stops processing at the first possible match.

Also, do you have user1 defined as an account in your AAA servers?  Or with IOS version 12.2(55)EX3 this is likely a Catalyst switch – if you don’t have AAA servers defined or if they’re offline/unreachable, then is user1 defined in the local user database?

weylin