[rancid] Cisco SB: Disable AAA-I-CONNECT: User CLI session for user cisco over ssh

Piegorsch, Weylin William weylin at bu.edu
Mon Jun 11 21:04:57 UTC 2018

To clarify, in Cisco IOS and IOS XE:

"no logging console" disables onboard logging messages appearing on the output when you connect to the serial port.  This is a global configuration setting, so it persists across sessions.
"terminal monitor" (and terminal no monitor... note the no is second not first) enables (disables) onboard logging messages appearing on the output when you're on a vty (telnet/ssh).  This is a "exec" mode setting, and only lasts for that vty session.

I can't remember how NX-OX behaves on this point.

And there are some cases where "copy run tftp" might actually cause a logging message.  I believe the "conf t ; archive ; logging" section refers.  Not sure (off the top of my head) if that's just ASA OS though, or if that’s also the behavior in IOS/IOSXE.

weylin

On 6/11/18, 10:01 AM, "heasley" <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

    Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 01:15:32PM +0100, Alex DEKKER:
    > On 11/06/18 12:02, Kevin Olbrich wrote:
    > >
    > > *How can I disable "AAA-I-CONNECT: User CLI session for user cisco
    > > over ssh..."?*
    > > This periodically is printed when rancid receives the configuration,
    > > resulting in a new (useless) commit.
    > > This happens 4 -5 times a day.
    >
    > This is a limitation/bug of the platform, I reckon. You will also get
    > interface up/down events appearing in commits too. I haven't found
    > anything in 'line' section or in 'terminal' settings to disable logs to
    > terminal [ie specifically off for remote terminals]. 'logging console
    > emergencies' might do it but then it's off for the local terminal too.
    >
    > 'copy run tftp://...' would presumably not have this problem.
    >
    > alexd

    in ios 'term monitor' copies logging to the terminal.  the only sb device
    i have does not have this command, nor the problem.  the only logging
    config i have is
    	no log console
    	logg host nnnn sev deb
    make sure you have the first of those.