[rancid] Rancid for Cumulus

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Wed Jun 6 05:52:46 UTC 2018

* Kasper Adel

> When yoy say its Linux, do you mean that rancid is mot needed?
>
> I’d like to think that rancid can capture configs of multiple files, is
> that not possible today? Is there any other tool that comes to mind?
RANCID captures the output of an arbitrary number CLI commands, which
can be very well be something like «grep -r . /etc» and/or «net show
configuration» to get the active config on the box.

Nick's point is that if you've automated your Cumulus environment so
that the entire config on the box is exported from some other
authoritative system, then you don't need RANCID for backing up your
config. Instead, if your switch breaks, you can always just redeploy a
replacement device using a fresh config pushed from the authoritative
automation system.

Tore