[rancid] Cisco wireless controller backup with rancid

ilan at bond.co ilan at bond.co
Thu Jan 18 21:43:41 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I have rancid 3.3 up and running with ubuntu 16.04.3. I am able to backup
switches and even login to the cisco wireless controller via ssh using the
command:

/usr/lib/rancid/bin/clogin -f /var/lib/rancid/.cloginrc x.x.x.x

However, whenever that i am running rancid to backup the configuration, nothing happens and i cvsweb is not presetting the config.

Switches are backing up ok. I have cisclwlc5 script in /usr/lib/rancid/bin folder. I am able to get some details

about the error from the latest config that rancid is trying to download and it's telling me:

Trying to get all of the configs.
Can't use 'defined(%hash)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at /usr/lib/rancid/bin/ciscowlc5 line 48.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
Can't use 'defined(%hash)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at /usr/lib/rancid/bin/ciscowlc5 line 48.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 2.
Can't use 'defined(%hash)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at /usr/lib/rancid/bin/ciscowlc5 line 48.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 3.
Can't use 'defined(%hash)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at /usr/lib/rancid/bin/ciscowlc5 line 48.
Getting missed routers: round 4.
Can't use 'defined(%hash)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at /usr/lib/rancid/bin/ciscowlc5 line 48

But if i comment that line more errors are showing up.

Anything else i need to check?

--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this communication
and any attached documentation may be privileged, confidential or otherwise