[rancid] Making variant of cisco ios

Charles T. Brooks Charles.Brooks at hbcs.org
Tue Feb 20 17:37:52 UTC 2018

I have some old cisco ACE devices and have been backing them up with rancid using the normal "cisco" module.

I want to add some commands like "show ft group summary" for example, and have the output of those commands show up in rancid diffs, prefixed with exclamation points in the same way that normal "show version" output is.

I've done this before by copying a device type definition from /etc/rancid.types.base to /etc/rancid.types.conf and editing it, but in the past I was always removing troublesome commands, not adding new ones.

Is there an existing module that I can reference in /etc/rancid.types.conf that simply takes the output from a command and prefixes exclamation points, no fancy special processing?  Or do I need to write one?

Thanks!
--Charlie

------------------  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  ---------------

  This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged confidential information
protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
of this message is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.

     ------------------  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  ---------------