[rancid] Show tech on latest Procurve software

Doug Hughes doug.hughes at keystonenap.com
Mon Feb 19 17:06:46 UTC 2018

Yes, it's fairly easy to filter out individual lines by editing the
filter inside the perl scripts to make them go away. I have done this
many, many times. The only trick is that when you upgrade you might lose
your change, so save a copy or diff that you can re-apply later.

In this case, the place where you'd put the filter is in
~rancid/bin/hrancid in the routine "ShowTechTransceivers"

Right at the top where it has 'next if (...)'

either above or below that you can add a line that says something like
next if (/thing I want to match here/) which will skip that line.