[rancid] aerohive/hiveos support
Sid.Arnold at corp.forethought.net
Fri Dec 21 21:51:04 UTC 2018
Thank you Julie.
From: Rancid-discuss <rancid-discuss-bounces at shrubbery.net> on behalf of Ni Ne <nineoften at hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 1:40 PM
To: Nick Nauwelaerts; rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
Subject: Re: [rancid] aerohive/hiveos support
Thank you very much for publishing this. I have only started using it just now, so I can only confirm that it at least pulls configs successfully. I have it working against these software version and these hardware versions, with about 150 total devices included:
I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to apply your patches to my existing install of RANCID. I installed from source tarball from the Shrubbery site. So I couldn't just do a git merge or something.
These are the instructions I used:
1) clone this repo, save to your home dir (outside of normal rancid path)
git clone https://github.com/inphobia/rancid-aerohive-support.git
2) Configure into your home dir (outside of normal rancid path)
4) Copy the login and pm files (/usr/local/rancid is my production rancid main path)
cp /home/nineoften/rancid/bin/ahlogin /usr/local/rancid/bin/.
cp /home/nineoften/rancid/lib/rancid/hiveos.pm /usr/local/rancid/lib/rancid/.
5) Add lines to rancid.types.conf
hiveos;script;rancid -t hiveos
hiveos;command;hiveos::ShowCapWap;show capwap client
hiveos;command;hiveos::WriteTerm;show running-config password
hiveos;command;hiveos::WriteTerm;show running-config users password
6) Do other normal stuff, like add entries to router.db file using "hiveos" as the vendor type for your AeroHive access points.
Would it be possible to get this merged into the mainline release of RANCID in the future? Last time I installed RANCID from scratch several years ago, I had to do similar steps - and figure out how to include others' patches for AeroHive into my install.
From: Rancid-discuss <rancid-discuss-bounces at shrubbery.net> on behalf of Nick Nauwelaerts <nick.nauwelaerts at aquafin.be>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 3:23 PM
To: rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
Subject: [rancid] aerohive/hiveos support
(also included: removal of fortinet/fnrancid references since it's now a module & a few minor nitpicks)
support for aerohive/hiveos access points:
login script ahlogin:
* originally by erik muller: https://github.com/ermuller/rancid-stuff.
* should be up to date with the latest changes of svn 3937.
* saving on changed config works, -x & -c have also been tested.
* .cvsignore entry added
* respects nocommstr; filter_pwds & filter_osc
* tested against multiple hardware options & operating system versions
* does not sort acls/snmp yet
* does not yet handle all passwords/secrets - it does filter the items we use with respect to filter_* settings
* also fetches additional info depending on filter_* settings
* no clear end of run marker
* rancid.types.base entries
* docs, makefiles & config scripts have been updated completely i hope.
* hiveos.pm.in has a lot of comments, they can be deleted if they add little/no value.
has been in use for almost 6 months. perhaps naming the login script ahlogin (aerohive login) and the module hiveos.pm seems strange, just rename if you don't like it.
git code here but git & me just dont get along:
Volg Aquafin op Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/AquafinNV> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/aquafinnv> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk_4P5BJ-MtEEDCkCsR_KqQ?feature=mhee> | LinkedIN<http://www.linkedin.com/company/aquafin/products>
P Denk aan het milieu. Druk deze mail niet onnodig af.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Rancid-discuss