[rancid] Ubuntu with Rancid 3.7 - Comware (CMW)

Aaron Sutton aaronsutton89 at outlook.com
Thu Dec 20 00:25:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

More information,

I think the SH: 1: cmwlogin: not found error is due to not running this as the rancid user. I also get the same error with cisco devices which run completely run with rancid-run.

admin at rancidserver:/var/lib/rancid/bin$ sudo ./rancid -t cisco routername100
[sudo] password for admin:
sh: 1: clogin: not found
routername100: missed cmd(s): all commands
routername100: End of run not found

If i try and run under rancid account however, i'm getting permission errors.
rancid at rancidserver:~/bin$ ./rancid -t cisco routername100
Can't open rotuername100.new for writing: Permission denied

Kind Regards
Aaron