[rancid] problems with PowerConnect switches

Alex DEKKER rancid at ale.cx
Wed Dec 12 17:02:08 UTC 2018

On 12/12/2018 15:32, 'heasley' wrote:
> Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 09:12:00PM +0000, Wayne Eisenberg:
>>>
>>> switches look amazingly similar to each other. I don't know who copied who,
>>> but the command sets look very similar.

It's not a case of Cisco copying Dell or vice versa - they've both
bought the same switching platform from Marvell. I am sure that it's
more than just Dell and Cisco selling it, for that matter.

> does the cisco-sb type work without modification?  That would be useful
> info to document.

Need a wiki page of what-equipment-masquerades-as-what, or a repository
of sample device configs that some clever algorithm can compare and spit
out a similarity %age.  Paste your config into it and it tells you which
backend to use.

alexd