[rancid] login problem on cisco switch

Piegorsch, Weylin William weylin at bu.edu
Tue Dec 11 21:56:10 UTC 2018

Do you have "terminal length 0" disabled either by your AAA server, or by the priviledge level defined, or by the... I forget from the other day, there was a 3rd way to define role-based access control, but do you have this command either (a) not specifically allowed or (b) specifically disabled by whatever AAA mechanism you're using?

On 12/11/18, 2:07 AM, "Wayne Eisenberg" <Wayne.Eisenberg at CarolinasIT.com> wrote:

    > We ran into a similar problem recently with one (of over 200) 3850 stack.  Suggest you run each of the command that rancid runs after the clogin.
    >
    > In our case, the "show version" command was taking too long and reported that it could not figure out how long one of the switches in the stack was up.  There were other log entries that pointed to a messed up control plane.  A
    > simple maintenance window switch reboot got "show version" to work - rancid as well.

    I see the same issue here as with the other one. It doesn't like the 'terminal length 0' command. What to do?

    $ bin/clogin -c'show version' san-switch01

    User Name: ****

    San-Switch01#
    San-Switch01#terminal length 0
    % Unrecognized command