[rancid] Ciena Waveserver 1.6 - fluctuating power values + other improvement suggestions

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Mon Aug 6 12:19:49 UTC 2018

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 12:57 PM, Chris Wopat <me at falz.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 3:49 PM, heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:
>
> does the patch below do it?  I no longer have any of these devices.
>>

> I applied ran, no changes at all. Should it be scrubbing the power value
> out of the config?

Rechecked logs, it was actually giving an error and not running properly,
changed "$PSW" to "my $PSW" to get it to run. This took care of half of the
problem- it did filter out the "CHASSIS POWER SUMMARY" box, but there's
still a power value in the new last column of "POWER SUPPLY STATUS" box.

! +------------------------------------ POWER SUPPLY STATUS
---------------------------------------+-----------+
! | Slot   | Admin    | Oper   | Type    | Model            | Serial Number
| Part Number / Rev    | Power (W) |
!
! | PSU-1  | Enabled  | Normal | DC      | WS DC PSU        | blah
|    186-1501-900/AB   |     256.0 |
!
! | PSU-2  | Enabled  | Normal | DC      | WS DC PSU        | blah
|    186-1501-900/AB   |     314.0 |
!