[rancid] Fortigate additional tweaks and device filters

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Thu Aug 2 14:25:30 UTC 2018

> Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 08:37:03AM +0000, Nick Nauwelaerts:
>> hm,
>> i actually like to have those versions in the output. if something breaks my first reaction tends to be: "what changed?", and rancid is usually the first place i check.
>>
>> would it be an option to control this with FILTER_OSC , even though its not quite it's intended application?
> Could be; what are they?  version stamp of what exactly?

My additions to filter are based on the fact that there's already a
block of these being filtered, this is just 'more of the same' chatty
stuff that changes daily.

I'd say go one way or another- add more similar filters (my suggestion)
or do none or have a toggle-able option. FILTER_OSC sounds more like
it's for security stuff, so that doesn't seem like the best fit to me.

Has a new FILTER_CRUFT type of option been discussed in the past? Unsure
if this fits the category of any other previously discussed things.

--Chris