[rancid] Error when trying to back up a JunOS device, SRX100

Lauri Haveri lauri.haveri at alsocloudsolutions.fi
Wed Apr 25 15:28:03 UTC 2018

Thank you for the fast reply.

Where should the command "rancid" be executed?

I have logged in as the users "rancid" and "root" have ran the command "rancid -t hp -C DEVICENAME" in the folder ("/var/lib/rancid/bin/") that has the executable file "rancid", but it just produces "rancid: command not found".

I also typed the whole path to command "/var/lib/rancid/bin/rancid -t hp -C hostname" I just get the following output: "hlogin -t 90 -c '' DEVICENAME.

Am I doing it wrong?

BR,
Lauri