[rancid] Questions about sub ProcessHistory

Gauthier, Chris cgauthier at comscore.com
Thu Apr 5 17:55:57 UTC 2018

I’m trying to get my Aruba Instant access points to be backed up by rancid and I’m using the module developed by miken32, but it really doesn’t support a lot of the Aruba stuff that I have.  I’m trying to add a few extra functions into the perl module, but have run into some difficulty with `sub ProcessHistory` in rancid.pm.  I’ve read the description, but am not understanding the third argument.

For example:
ProcessHistory("COMMENTS","keysort","D99","!$_");   (from the aruba.pm file)

Or

ProcessHistory("COMMENTS","keysort","F1", "!Image: $_")  (from the ios.pm file)

What is the function of the “D99” and “F1” arguments and how do I leverage them for my own function?  And, what is the string in the last argument used for?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Gauthier Senior Network Engineer | comScore, Inc.
t +1 (503) 331-2704 |
cgauthier at comscore.com
317 SW Alder Street, Suite 700 | Portland, OR 97204  United States
comscore.com
​​​This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system and notify sender.