[rancid] fortigate problem

Ak Sn ak.sn.201712 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:21:23 UTC 2018

Hi List,

I'm running rancid 3.7 on ubuntu and try to backup ny fortinet fortigate
firewall-devices. It worked with the previous version but now I'm stuck at
the prompt of the fortigate where I'm not able to execute any commands. I'm
then running into timeouts:

root at rancidhost:/var/lib/rancid/bin# sudo -Hu rancid
/var/lib/rancid/bin/fnlogin -c 'get sys status' fortigate-1
fortigate-1
spawn ssh -c
3des-cbc,aes128-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr
-x -l rancid fortigate-1
rancid at fortigate-1's password:
ebnfwa01-1 $
ebnfwa01-1 $ config global

ebnfwa01-1 (global) $
Error: TIMEOUT reached
root at rancidhost:/var/lib/rancid/bin#

In the logs is the following:
Trying to get all of the
configs.

fortigate-1 missed cmd(s): all
commands
fortigate-1 End of run not
found
fortigate-1 fnlogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached

If I try it with rancid in debugging mode, I get the following:

root at rancidhost:/var/lib/rancid/bin# su - rancid -c
"/var/lib/rancid/bin/rancid -d -t fortigate
fortigate-1"

loadtype: device type fortigate
loadtype: found device type fortigate in /etc/rancid/rancid.types.base
executing fnlogin -t 90 -c"" fortigate-1
inloop is not configured for device type fortigate at
/var/lib/rancid/bin/rancid line 136.
sh: 1: fnlogin: not found

Any help or hint is much appreciated! I'd like to avoid downgrading.

Alex