[rancid] ASA IOS 9.8(2) support?

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Mon Sep 11 17:17:12 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 01:47:38, Wayne Eisenberg wrote:
> Subject: [rancid] ASA IOS 9.8(2) support?
>
> Hi,
>

> I have an ASA firewall running version 9.8(2), and the clogin script
> is missing something in the sequence such that I don't get to the
> enable mode properly.

Hi Wayne,

Try this -

no aaa authentication login-history

The alternative is that clogin itself needs to be updated to ignore the new : that shows up in the login banner.  And yet another alternative is this -

aaa authorization exec LOCAL auto-enable

That assumes you are using the local database and that the user has exec privs, but it skips the need for enable and behaves like more like a router.

-ryan