[rancid] Device support error - Huawei

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Thu Sep 7 08:18:58 UTC 2017

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017, Eichhorn, Thomas wrote:

> Hi Eric,
> I’ve never worked with rancid and Huawei products so I don’t know for sure if I can help you but I found a (maybe) helpful link:
> http://www.inet9.net/rancid-for-hp-h3c-huawei-switches/
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas

Can't tell you if they've been subsequently modified, but the h3clogin and
h3crancid were originally written by me, based on some earlier work of
others, and published here:

  https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/h3c

I then had to make a lot of changes, and modified for rancid 3, producing:

  https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/cmwrancid

The versions I run locally are advanced from these, but I've no idea of
whether they are in a state to be published - I have practically zero
development time these days.  But if I do, I will mention here.

I only have access to 3Com/HP Comware 3 devices, HP/H3C Comware 5 and
HP(E) Comware 7 devices.  I have no Huawei, but a few people who have
tried some models and reported some success, or fed back further changes.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.