[rancid] Rancid and Git

Will Lampen will.lampen at affiniti.com
Mon Oct 30 16:13:10 UTC 2017

I am trying to set up a deployment of several different rancid installs that will back up their local network devices.  Then the Idea is to let Git replace CVS as the version repository.

We then want to upload these separate repository to a Central device that will house all of the separate repositories.

I have looked into

https://www.cryptomonkeys.com/2016/11/rancid-git/
https://github.com/dotwaffle/rancid-git

and others but none have been much help on mating rancid to Git

I am currently working with   https://hub.docker.com/r/jumanjiman/rancid-git/

but Docker is adding additional issue it the mix that I am trying to figure out.

So my question(s)  are

  1.  Has anyone done the Rancid GIT install successfully?
  2.  Is there easy to follow instruction on how to use GIT instead of CVS for Rancid?

I can Rancid successfully and have it perform flawlessly.   I have also installed Git to the same box and have it replicating its repository to a centralized server housing the private repositories successfully,   What I have not been able to do is marry both rancid and git together successfully.

Thank