[rancid] problem with rancid crontab

Alexander Griesser AGriesser at anexia-it.com
Wed Oct 4 05:52:55 UTC 2017

What operating system is this? I'm not sure why this is happening for you, but this might as well be just because you're running the jobs in the system cron and the environment is not being passed to the script upon execution.

Can you please just try to add this crontab line to the rancid user's cron?
i.e. login as user rancid (f.ex. `su - rancid`) and then run `crontab -e` and add the cron there? This should definitely fix it.
The only change necessary in the crontab line is to remove the column with the username "rancid".

best,

Alexander Griesser
Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: AGriesser at anexia-it.com<mailto:AGriesser at anexia-it.com>
Web: http://www.anexia-it.com<http://www.anexia-it.com/>

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstraße 140, 9020 Klagenfurt