[rancid] Update configs by an external means

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Tue Oct 3 19:54:24 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've had RANCID with Subversion/WebSVN in place for a few years with
great success for Cisco gear. I am trying to tackle SonicWall firewalls
with not much success. I've managed to write my own shell/expect script
the log onto the SonicWalls and ftp the configs back down where I can
compare the current and previous configs and upon a change, log back on
and download the exported "exp" image and I like this method. I also was
able to get the configs initially into RANCID but without a working
clogin/sonlogin script, updates aren't being seen. I tried to simply
copy in a $host.new file but that triggered nothing but it was cleaned
up. Is there a way I can copy the file in or otherwise inject it into
RANCID so that rancid-run could accept it and trigger the normal actions
a diff would trigger? Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kyle