[rancid] Cisco ASA various troubles

Alexander Griesser AGriesser at anexia-it.com
Mon May 29 09:04:43 UTC 2017

For the secocnd command, I'd recommnd just: "show running-config all" on ASA.
> Or if passwords and pre shared keys (for LDAP and IPsec etc) are desired in RANCID, then "more system:running-config"  would be appropriate.

This doesn’t work inside security contexts:

contextcluster/context01# more system:running-config
                                     ^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

> According to the changes, "show running-config view full" was added in 2.3.7

Which would explain why I didn’t have these issues with 2.3.6 earlier.

Best,
Alex