[rancid] Cisco ASA various troubles

Alexander Griesser AGriesser at anexia-it.com
Fri May 26 15:46:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

again, after the upgrade to 3.6, the following errors started to appear on our infrastructure:

Device:
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.1(7) <context>

Trying to get all of the configs.
1.1.1.1: missed cmd(s): dir /all slavesup-bootflash:, show running-config view full
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
1.1.1.1: missed cmd(s): dir /all slavesup-bootflash:, show running-config view full
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 2.
1.1.1.1: missed cmd(s): dir /all slavesup-bootflash:, show running-config view full
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 3.
1.1.1.1: missed cmd(s): dir /all slavesup-bootflash:, show running-config view full
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.
1.1.1.1: missed cmd(s): dir /all slavesup-bootflash:, show running-config view full

If I comment out those two lines in rancid.types.base, it works again:

#cisco;command;ios::DirSlotN;dir /all slavesup-bootflash:;c7600
#cisco;command;ios::WriteTerm;show running-config view full;workaround for role-based CLI

The doesn't seem to be a separate model for Cisco ASA devices, so in my router.db, they're just flagged as "cisco" - is this correct or does this also need to be changed now?
Both above mentioned commands do not work on any of my ASAs (tried several versions and platforms):

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.1(7)11
# show running-config view full
                                      ^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

# show version | inc Adaptive
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.8(1)
# show running-config view full
                                         ^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
# dir /all slavesup-bootflash:
                            ^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Thanks,

Alexander Griesser
Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: AGriesser at anexia-it.com<mailto:AGriesser at anexia-it.com>
Web: http://www.anexia-it.com<http://www.anexia-it.com/>

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstraße 140, 9020 Klagenfurt
Geschäftsführer: Alexander Windbichler
Firmenbuch: FN 289918a | Gerichtsstand: Klagenfurt | UID-Nummer: AT U63216601