[rancid] Help: Add new ios command

Sophanith Chhom sophanith.chhom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 03:18:17 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Hope you are fine, I am having a question to add new command to Cisco router

I would like to add new command: *#show bgp summary*

And I try to modify this file: *rancid.types.base* and add this new command
as bellow:

cisco1;command;ios::WriteTerm;more system:running-config;ASA/PIX
cisco1;command;ios::WriteTerm;show running-config view full;workaround for
role-based CLI
cisco1;command;ios::WriteTerm;show running-config
##New command added
*cisco1;command;ios::ShowBGPSummary;show bgp summary*

Can you share which file config do I need to add some code more to make it
works?

Thanks a lot.